We believe in open lines of communication, ensuring you're always in the loop and comfortable with our pest solutions.
Your time matters, and so does our commitment to being on time, every time – quick, efficient, and hassle-free.
Our commitment is to consistently provide exceptional customer service, exceeding expectations and building lasting relationships.
We stick to our values, ensuring every aspect of our service is grounded in integrity and honesty.
Common Pest Control Problems
McDonough is prone to various common pest problems. In order to address these issues effectively, it is important to understand the characteristics and potential risks associated with each pest.
Here are some of the most frequent infestations we deal with:
- Ants are a common nuisance in homes and can contaminate food sources. The presence of these tiny creatures can be particularly bothersome in kitchens and pantries. It is necessary to identify the species of ants and employ appropriate control measures to minimize their population and prevent further infestations.
- Cockroaches are resilient pests that thrive in warm and humid environments. They pose health risks, as they can carry and spread disease-causing bacteria. Proper sanitation practices, eliminating food and water sources, and employing professional pest control methods are the key to effective cockroach management.
- Mosquitoes are more than just annoying pests--they can transmit diseases such as dengue fever, Zika virus, and West Nile virus. Implementing mosquito control measures, including removing standing water sources and using insect repellents, is a part of preventing these diseases.
- Termites are one of the most destructive pests, causing significant damage to wooden structures. In McDonough, where wooden construction is prevalent, termite control is essential. Regular inspections, proper maintenance, and the use of professional termite treatments can help protect homes and commercial spaces from costly termite damage.
- Mice and rats are not only a nuisance but they also pose health risks due to their ability to contaminate food and spread diseases. Effective rodent control involves sealing entry points, removing food sources, and employing trapping or baiting methods.
- While most spiders are harmless, some species can be venomous and pose a threat to people. Regular cleaning and reducing clutter can help minimize spider populations. However, professional pest control may be necessary to address infestations and give property owners peace of mind.
This is far from an exhaustive list of the pests local residents deal with. Shane’s Pest Solutions has built a strong record of success, going back to our founding in 2016, for dealing with, and preventing these infestations.
"Stress-Free & Enjoyable Service!"If I could give them ten stars I would! The entire team from the front desk to their technician Matt who came out to spray were all extremely nice and walked me through the process and ensured me that I could call any time if I needed them to come back outBethany W.
"Outstanding Employees!"Fast, efficient, knowledgeable and polite.Phillip Y.
"Great Company!"I liked how quickly they responded and that Shane's is veteran-owned and operated.Robb L.
How Pest Control Services Help Preserve Home Value
Here are several ways in which pest control helps preserve the value of your home:
Prevention of Structural Damage
Pests like termites, carpenter ants, and rodents can cause significant structural damage to your home. Termites, in particular, are notorious for feeding on wood, compromising the integrity of your property.
Protection of Electrical Systems
Rodents such as mice and rats have a tendency to chew on electrical wires, which can lead to short circuits and potential fire hazards.
Preserving Health and Hygiene
Pests can carry harmful bacteria, parasites, and allergens that pose health risks to you and your family. Cockroaches, for example, can trigger asthma attacks and spread diseases.
Prevention of Contamination
Pests can contaminate food sources and surfaces with their droppings, urine, and body parts. This can lead to foodborne illnesses and compromise the cleanliness of your home
Maintaining Aesthetic Appeal
Certain pests, such as bed bugs and ants, can be unsightly and detract from the overall appearance of your home. Their presence can give the impression of poor maintenance and hygiene. While often unfair, this perception can damage property value.