Premium Pest Control In Palmetto, GA
The small city of Palmetto is regarded as a neighborly and family-friendly place to live, with its well-regarded public education system, sprawling suburban developments, and variety of important amenities. Palmetto is also home to an eclectic food scene and offers residents easy access to Atlanta, which makes it an ideal location for commuters. With the city’s warm and humid environmental conditions, pests are seemingly always a problem.
At Shane’s Pest Solutions, we help residents address all of their pest concerns with honesty and integrity. Everything that we do is guided by our commitment to our customers' success, which we show by providing free estimates, guaranteed services, and prioritizing good communication. As Certified Pest Control Operators, we uphold the highest safety and excellence standards so that our customers know that they’re always in capable hands. Whether you’re facing wildlife, termite, rodent, or general pest problems, we can help. For more information on premium Fulton County pest control, contact us today.
Residential Pest Control In Palmetto
Since 2016, the team at Shane’s Pest Solutions has been providing Palmetto homeowners with effective pest control to get them past even the most harmful situations. As a locally-owned business, we believe in doing everything with integrity, fairness, and transparency. We apply these principles to all of our work, whether it’s inspecting and treating your home or simply sending follow-up notifications for future services.
During our initial inspection of your home, one of our Certified Pest Control Operators will search for signs of activity, pest damage, and the potential for future issues. When we perform our initial treatment, we tend to both the interior and exterior in order to create the ultimate barrier from pests, and by following up on a quarterly basis, you can live pest-free throughout the year. Our general pest control program covers pests like centipedes, ants, scorpions, silverfish, and more. In addition to these services, we also provide targeted work for termites, rodents, wildlife, fire ants, bed bugs, and seasonal mosquitoes. For more information on residential pest control, contact us today.
Commercial Pest Control In Palmetto
At Shane’s Pest Solutions, we are dedicated to serving our fellow Palmetto businesses with high-quality pest control that actually works. Since our inception, it’s been our goal to listen to the needs of our community and deliver unsurpassed service in the process. When you entrust the safety and success of your business to our Certified Pest Control Operators, you will always receive the best customer support, proactive communications, free estimates, and a guarantee on all of the work that we perform.
During our first visit to your property, we’ll search high and low for signs of pest problems in places that the average person simply can’t access. Once we’ve determined why pests are attracted to your property and discussed the situation with you, we’ll proceed to create a personalized treatment program to address each problem we’ve noted. We closely monitor all of the treatments that we put into place in order to ensure that pests don’t return. Whether you’re a restaurant with a rodent problem or a warehouse with termites, we can help. For more information on the benefits of commercial pest control, contact us today.
What Smells Will Keep Palmetto Bed Bugs Away?
The bed bugs of Palmetto are harmful parasites that seek out human hosts in order to access the blood meals that they require in order to survive. There are, however, certain smells that bed bugs hate, which may provide some relief from these pests. Those scents include:
- Tea tree oil
- Members of the citrus family
- Diatomaceous earth
- Rubbing alcohol
For the safest protection from bed bugs, look no further than Shane’s Pest Solutions. We provide homeowners and businesses with customized solutions to bed bug problems that completely eliminate outbreaks in the safest way possible. For more information on bed bug control, contact us today.
Are The Fire Ants In Palmetto Dangerous?
While most of the ant species that Palmetto residents encounter are only a nuisance, the fire ant is actually one of the most dangerous kinds around. These ants typically live outdoors in mounds that are easy to spot. When the mound is disrupted, the ants scatter and sting the person responsible. The results of these stings vary from person to person, however, the impact can include welts, difficulty breathing, and even death in the most severe cases for allergic individuals.
At Shane’s Pest Solutions, we provide the highest quality fire ant control around. As one of our specialty signature services, we address these pests at the root cause with an unflinching dedication to keeping our customers safe. Upon inspecting a property, we employ one of two approaches. With mound drenching, we apply pesticides directly into mounds, and with the two-step method, we use baits and individual mound applications in quick succession. For more information on keeping fire ants away, contact us today.
Guide To Avoiding Mosquitoes In Palmetto
Throughout most of the year, you will likely have a run-in with mosquitoes every time you step outside. Our region's warm, humid temperatures allow these pests to live comfortably and in large populations. Though difficult, avoiding as much contact with mosquitoes as possible is essential to guard yourself against the diseases these pests spread.
To help you avoid mosquito bites, use the following information to your advantage.
- If possible, avoid spending time outside when mosquitoes are most active, at dusk and dawn.
- When spending time outside, especially in mosquito-rich areas, use mosquito repellent and wear long sleeves and pants.
- Remove as much standing water from your property as possible; females use standing water as a breeding site.
- Maintain your yard; keep the grass cut short and landscaping well pruned to reduce mosquito resting spots on your property. Mosquitoes love to rest in dense vegetation during the day to avoid direct sunlight.
Implementing a professional mosquito control service is the most effective way to avoid and keep mosquitoes out of your yard. Shane's Pest Solutions offers an effective mosquito reduction program you can count on to reduce mosquito numbers on your Palmetto property. Don't allow mosquitoes to dictate when you can spend time outside in your yard; take action today!
How To Detect Termites On Your Palmetto Property
Termites are good at disguising their presence in our homes. They aren't like ants that will boldly march through your kitchen or spiders that will leave webs throughout your house. In our homes, termites are behind walls or under floors and feed on wood, keeping themselves well hidden from view.
The good news is that termites aren't entirely "invisible," if you know what to look for, you can identify termite activity on your property.
A few common signs of a termite infestation include:
- Finding mud tubes near your home or climbing up your foundation or basement walls. Termites build mud tubes to travel above the ground.
- Finding piles of termite wings left behind by winged termites that have swarmed from a mature nest to find a mate.
- Noticing paint on the walls of your home is bubbling.
- Finding cracked wood or hollow-sounding wood in your home.
While knowing the signs of a termite infestation is critical, the best way to detect a problem with termites is with the help of a professional.
Here at Shane's Pest Solutions, we are well acquainted with the various types of termites that call Georgia home. We can provide the inspection, treatment, and follow-up services necessary to eliminate these destructive pests from your property. Call today to learn more about termite control in Palmetto, GA.
4 Tips To Avoid Wildlife Damage In Palmetto
Georgia is home to many species of wildlife. Unfortunately, many wild animals feel at home in our Palmetto backyards.
The best way to avoid the damage that wildlife can cause is to make your property as unappealing to them as possible. If they aren't comfortable in your yard, they will find someplace else to call home.
Below are four ways to help avoid problems with wildlife.
- First, It is essential to remove as many food sources as possible. Keep lids on trash cans, regularly harvest gardens, and never leave uneaten pet food outside.
- Second, take away their easy access to water on your property. Fill in low-lying areas, store containers that collect rainwater upside down, and remove bird baths.
- Third, maintain your lawn and remove harborage spots. Keep your grass cut short, cut trees and shrubs back from your home's exterior, and remove brush piles and other yard debris from your property.
- Fourth, don't purposely feed wildlife. As cute as it can be to watch these animals scamper around your yard, they lose their charm when they take over and cause damage.
Wild animals have learned how to live near people, so convincing them to live somewhere other than our backyards can be tricky. The best way to safely manage wildlife is to partner with a professional. Call Shane's Pest Solutions today to help with unwanted wildlife on your property and learn about our wildlife control in Palmetto.
Five Signs Of Cockroaches To Watch For Around Your Palmetto Home
Cockroaches are unsanitary pests that can, unfortunately, find their way into any of our houses. Remaining vigilant is key to identifying an infestation and preventing cockroaches from taking over your home, contaminating your family's food, and spreading illnesses.
We know how unsettling sharing your home with cockroaches is and want to help. If you spot the following five things around your house, you are likely dealing with an active cockroach infestation and need professional help.
- Cockroach droppings: The droppings of cockroaches will build up in your home, usually in drawers, crevices in cupboards, and spaces behind appliances. Their droppings typically look like ground black pepper.
- Damaged food packaging and containers: In order to gain access to pantry items, cockroaches feed on its packaging creating tiny holes and chew marks.
- Shed skins: As cockroaches grow and develop from nymphs to adults, they shed their skins. Finding piles of insect skins in your home should alert you to a pest problem.
- A musty odor: To communicate with each other, cockroaches emit pheromones. These pheromones are unpleasant smelling, and a large cockroach infestation can cause a very unpleasant smell to build up in your house.
- Hearing sounds: At night, when it is quiet, you may hear small clicking sounds as the cockroaches run across the surfaces of your home.
In conjunction with knowing typical signs of a cockroach infestation implementing regular pest control services is the best way to avoid problems with these unsavory, difficult-to-control pests. Shane's Pest Solutions offers the general pest control services necessary to find, treat, and rid your Palmetto home of cockroaches and other household intruders. Call today to learn more!