Finding that mice have invaded our home is a frustrating experience. Often, we discover them by the damage they have caused, such as chewing on your furniture or destroying important paperwork, photographs, and other precious family heirlooms. They also leave behind a wake of messes with their nesting materials and droppings. At worst, they get caught in the walls and die, stinking your home up with the scent of decay. Read on to learn where these mice are coming from and how effective pest control in Newnan from Shane's Pest Solutions can help your home become mouse-free today.
Where Do The Mice In My House Come From?
Throughout all of human history, wherever there were people, there were mice. This relationship is parasitic, where only one of the species benefits. In this case, it is only the mice who benefit. Through no fault of our own, humans unintentionally provide mice with shelter, food, water, and a safe place to reproduce.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Mice In My Home?
One of the reasons it is so important to get rid of mice is because of how dangerous they can be. Though they are small, these pests can spread incredibly harmful diseases to you and your family. Below are some of the most common illnesses they spread:
- Hantavirus: This illness is severe and often unpredictable. Symptoms include fatigue, fever, muscle aches in the thighs, hips, back, and sometimes shoulders, headaches, dizziness, and chills. Many report abdominal complaints, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. To contract this, all you have to do is have exposure to the urine and droppings of infected mice.
- Plague: Perhaps the most infamous disease of all time, the black plague is still very much alive and well, and the mice in Newnan are still capable of giving free rides to the fleas that carry this deadly disease. There is no vaccine for this illness, and all one needs to do to contract it is to live in the same house as a flea carrying it.
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis: Also known as LCM, this illness causes fever, malaise, lack of appetite, muscle aches, headache, nausea, and vomiting. You can contract this infection by having exposure to fresh mouse urine, droppings, saliva, or nesting materials.
Not only is it important to get rid of mice as fast as possible, but it is also especially important to contact a professional to assist you. Here at Shane's Pest Solutions, our expert technicians have the tools and know-how to safely and effectively remove these pests from your home without anyone getting ill.
Why Is It So Hard To Get Rid Of The Entire Infestation?
When you find mice in your home, your first instinct might be to go and purchase mouse traps. However, these are ineffective and, quite frankly, a waste of your money. They don't attack your infestation at the source, and though you may be able to kill a few individuals, it never alleviates the entire problem.
Below are some reasons why mice are so hard to get rid of and why mouse traps are useless in the fight against them:
- People don't usually set traps up in the right areas. It takes skill and knowledge of mouse behavior and mannerisms to know where they are nesting and where to set up these traps.
- Mice are smarter than we realize, so smart that studies have shown they are less likely to go near an object, like a trap, because they are naturally wary of these types of things.
- Mice are prolific breeders, which is the most important thing to understand about mouse infestations. Mice constantly breed, meaning that even if you kill some, plenty of others will be hanging around. Mice can breed year-round and typically produce 5 to 10 litters a year, with roughly 6 to 8 babies per litter. In just three months, a family of 6 mice can multiply into 60.
These important facts about mice render virtually all over-the-counter products useless. If mice are setting up shop in your home, the most effective and safest way to remove them permanently will be through a professional exterminator.
Who Do I Call To Get Rid Of Mice In My House Fast?
A veteran-owned business, Shane's Pest Solutions has served Newnan and Coweta County for six years. Our expert technicians have over a decade's worth of experience dealing with all the different pests that invade Newnan homes and specialize in mouse infestations in particular. If you are looking for prompt, professional service, look no further. Our professionals have the most advanced tools and treatments available and can handle any mouse infestation safely and quickly. If mice are destroying your home, don't waste your time and money on ineffective methods. Give us a call today!