What To Do About Scorpions Lurking Around Your Newnan Yard
May 15, 2022 - Scorpions
One of the reasons pest control in Newnan is so important is because of the scorpions. Unfortunately, the scorpions in Georgia can be dangerous, and professional assistance is a must when dealing with the ones that have invaded your yard (and possibly your home). Keep reading to learn how to identify some of the common species here, as well as how Shane’s Pest Solutions can help your yard be scorpion-free today!
What Common Scorpions In Newnan Look Like
There are several types of scorpions in Georgia, so it is important to know which ones are lethal. Below are some of the most common types of scorpions here, as well as a description with identifying characteristics:
- Striped bark scorpion: This is perhaps the most terrifying of all the scorpions on this list. The striped bark scorpion has an incredibly painful sting, and if you are allergic to their venom, things could quickly become dangerous if you do not seek immediate medical attention. These pests are pale yellow with two dark stripes running down the back and a black triangle shape on its head. They are typically about an inch to an inch and a half long when fully grown.
- Southern devil scorpion: Despite its name, the southern devil scorpion has a sting that is more like a bee’s sting and just makes the sting site red and swollen. However, the same issue arises medically if you are allergic to its venom. The southern devil scorpion is dark brown or black and grows to about an inch long.
- Florida bark scorpion: Though not as common, this Florida native can be found here in Georgia. This one can grow up to four inches long and is light brown with yellow dashes on its back.
Because of how painful and potentially dangerous scorpion stings are, we recommend you secure professional pest control in Newnan to help you remove any scorpions present on your property.
The Dangers And Problems With Scorpions Hanging Around Your Yard
The first issue with having scorpions hanging around your yard is that eventually, they will be lurking in your home. One way or another, they will find a way inside, and your chances of being stung and having a medical emergency increase drastically.
While most people experience only intense pain after being stung, others can go on to experience allergic reactions, which can quickly become so severe they go into anaphylactic shock. The elderly, children, and your pets are also extremely vulnerable to stings, and they may not be as equipped to deal with the side effects.
At Shane’s Pest Solutions, we want you to be able to safely enjoy your yard. Give us a call today, and one of our expert technicians will help you implement prevention strategies and remove any existing scorpions safely.
Four Eco-Friendly Scorpion Prevention Tips For Around Your Property
The first step to getting rid of scorpions is to understand what lured them to your yard in the first place. Below are four things you can start doing today to prevent scorpions from invading your property:
- Scorpions like to hide in organic debris such as leaf litter, logs, and stumps. By regularly clearing your yard of this stuff, you take away potential scorpion hiding spots.
- If your property is teeming with other types of insects, get help exterminating them first. Scorpions feed on insects, so they will invade quickly if your property looks like a buffet.
- Scorpions are mostly nocturnal and avoid sunlight at any cost. By increasing the light in your home, you will drive scorpions away.
- These pests are a huge fan of leaky pipes, fixtures, and places like your bathroom, where there is a lot of moisture buildup. Fix these and decrease the moisture to make your home less appealing to them.
Because every property is unique, a technician from Shane’s Pest Solutions can help you implement the most effective scorpion prevention strategies fit for your needs.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Scorpions And Keep Them Away
When it comes to safe, effective, and permanent scorpion control in Newnan, Shane’s Pest Solutions has your back. For almost ten years, we have been serving the residents of Newnan. Our expert technicians are intimately familiar with the habits and behaviors of the many types of scorpions we share our state with and armed with the toughest, more efficient tools available in the industry. If these dangerous pests have invaded your yard, don’t risk getting stung. We want to help you get back to enjoying your yard; give us a call today!